Admin Note: Here’s a post from the High School Forum that is a good fit for the blog site as well. If you want to blog about HS Soccer, I will set an author account up for you. PM on the forum or e-mail me at webmaster “at” stxsoccer.com
by Reg 3 5A Boys » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 am
2. Pasadena Dobie– This team has a had a good run the last few years, this seems to be the culminating season of that group of kids, will be strong up front and have a great work ethic. BUT they will struggle defensively and this may be their downfall.
3. Strake Jesuit- Never count out the Crusaders, always a program with talent and the ability to win the region BUT this group does not seem to be quite as solid as years past.
4. Westside– Bring back a number of players from last year, and always seem to find a few new stars. Look for them to be a major contender.
5. Pearland– ” My Dark Horse Prediction” very young team that is loaded all over the field with premier league club players. Don’t under estimate this team as they have the talent to make a run at the region.
6. Langham Creek– Had a strong showing early last year but fell off late in the year, look to build on that success with key players back this year.
7. Katy Seven Lakes– This team has the talent, but have been very up and down the last few years, if they can put it all together they can make a deep run.
8. Ft. Bend Clements– Young team from last year took one on the chin against South Houston in the playoffs, look to rebound this year with another strong showing… BUT their district does not help them get better as the year goes on.
9. Deer Park– Had two year showing at the regional tournament with a great group of kids, BUT graduated a lot of key players. Still has a core that will keep them moving forward and possibly make a run.
10. Cy Ridge– Great year last year, and should continue on that path, but I do not see them being quite as strong as they ended the year last season.
Pasadena– Good solid team that has potential to make some noise.
Mortan Ranch– new coach and lots lost to graduation but never count them out.
North Shore– always a threat to make a run, but not as strong as years past.