Box Scores Below Continue reading
by Region 3 5A girls » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:36 pm
2. Clear Lake– This team will lose a little steam from the last few years, but they always seem to be there when it counts, tough district always prepares them for the playoffs.
3. Clements– It was a tough choice not to have them at #1 since they bring back most of the squad and seemed to be building a lot of success off last season. They may be the one to take the region this year.
4. Cinco Ranch-( My Dark Horse Team) This team got better and better as the season went on last year and they bring back a good number of those players. Watch out for them as they have the potential to finally get the monkey off their back.
5. Clear Springs– This team always seems to stick around and make a run in the post season, don’t know if they will be quite as strong as in the past but definitely will be in the thick of things.
6. Deer Park– Talented group that has a new leader this year, which should help them in the long run, BUT a weak district will not prepare them for the post season and that may be an issue.
7. Cy Fair– Good group with lots of potential and the ability to make a deep run, BUT have to go through the Katy district early in the playoffs and that is always a problem.
8. Katy Taylor– Yes another Katy ISD team in the top 10, what a tough district. This team is right up there with Cinco and 7 Lakes. Any given night they can beat the others and make a run for the region.
9. Brazoswood– Young team last year that looked really good at times. If they can keep that up tempo style they can make a run for the district title and a nice run.
10. Memorial– This team showed a lot of heart and grit last year in that brutal district and I can see them challenging for the crown and a spot in the regional tourney.Other Notables
Ft. Bend Austin- Will not be quite as strong as the past few years, but always has great players that will be competitive, the district does not totally get them prepared for post season.
HISD Lamar– Solid team with some talent has ability to compete with anyone in the top ten, but seems to bow out early when it counts.
Pearland– Good talent but very up and down last year, never seemed to be together as a team. A very weak district will not help them in the post season but I could see 2 rounds and maybe get to a 3rd.
Admin Note: Here’s a post from the High School Forum that is a good fit for the blog site as well. If you want to blog about HS Soccer, I will set an author account up for you. PM on the forum or e-mail me at webmaster “at” stxsoccer.com
by Reg 3 5A Boys » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:55 am
2. Pasadena Dobie– This team has a had a good run the last few years, this seems to be the culminating season of that group of kids, will be strong up front and have a great work ethic. BUT they will struggle defensively and this may be their downfall.
3. Strake Jesuit- Never count out the Crusaders, always a program with talent and the ability to win the region BUT this group does not seem to be quite as solid as years past.
4. Westside– Bring back a number of players from last year, and always seem to find a few new stars. Look for them to be a major contender.
5. Pearland– ” My Dark Horse Prediction” very young team that is loaded all over the field with premier league club players. Don’t under estimate this team as they have the talent to make a run at the region.
6. Langham Creek– Had a strong showing early last year but fell off late in the year, look to build on that success with key players back this year.
7. Katy Seven Lakes– This team has the talent, but have been very up and down the last few years, if they can put it all together they can make a deep run.
8. Ft. Bend Clements– Young team from last year took one on the chin against South Houston in the playoffs, look to rebound this year with another strong showing… BUT their district does not help them get better as the year goes on.
9. Deer Park– Had two year showing at the regional tournament with a great group of kids, BUT graduated a lot of key players. Still has a core that will keep them moving forward and possibly make a run.
10. Cy Ridge– Great year last year, and should continue on that path, but I do not see them being quite as strong as they ended the year last season.
Pasadena– Good solid team that has potential to make some noise.
Mortan Ranch– new coach and lots lost to graduation but never count them out.
North Shore– always a threat to make a run, but not as strong as years past.